Note: If you need to add new data that requires geo-coding, please contact your account manager. This process can take up to 72 hours.
- Admins and Account Owner level users can add Voter Registration ID information. This Includes new voter information (including tags and new voter records) as well as update existing records.
- Any data to be uploaded must be in a .csv file format.
- Make sure to delete columns from the .csv that you do not need to load into the account or are not needing to match.
- While preparing your file to be uploaded, you must have the Secretary of State Voter ID number and/or the RNC Reg ID number in the file.
- After the file is saved in the proper format, select the Data/Reports Tab.
- Select Upload Data.
- Close the Read Me popup.
- Select the file to upload or drag and drop.
- Select Confirm File Upload to continue mapping the uploaded file into your account.
- Depending on the size of the file, it could take a while to upload.
- There will be another popup with reminders for Data Mapping. Select Close on the Data Mapping popup, and you will be able to map your spreadsheet columns into the database.
These reminders are to protect your data. If there is an error, it could cause serious issues to your database. It could be immediately obvious that there is an issue, or it could take weeks or months to find that the data needs to be fixed.
- CampaignSidekick will auto-map columns from the uploaded CSV into the fields.
- Each field must be checked by the uploader by clicking in the red box to confirm the field(s) are matched properly. Once clicked, the red box will change to a green checkmark.
If the user tries to save mapping without having all the fields checked, there will be an error message asking the user to confirm all fields.
- After all fields are confirmed, select Save Mapping in the lower right hand corner.
- Type "confirm" in a confirmation pop up box.
- The data will then be put into the loading queue, which you'll find at Upload History.
- After uploading data tags, be sure to select Refresh Tag Cache under Data/Tags/Refresh Tag Cache.
Warning! After you refresh your tag cache, this will slow your account down for up to five minutes, so be sure to check with all other admin or above level users before selecting this option!