You have the ability to display or hide certain columns of responses under Survey Reports. All numbers shown in Survey Report are voters, not doors. By default the columns displayed are:
The columns displayed are defined as:
- User - The canvasser who knocked the door(s)
- Canvassed - the number of voters who answered at least one survey question.
- Canvassed (Refused Survey) - an interaction with a person at the door in which someone was home, but they refused to participate in a survey by either slamming the door in the canvassers face, waving them away, etc.
- Not Home - houses where there the voter was either not home, and there was no interaction with any person.
- Address Not Found - the canvasser couldn't find the house, regardless of GPS showing a home in that location
- No Soliciting - a door with a clearly posted "No Soliciting" sign, or a direct interaction with a voter specifying "No Soliciting".
- Gated - Addresses that are inaccessible; either a gate preventing a door knock or doorbell ring, a gated drive for an individual address, or a gated sub division/country club.
- Vacant - an abandoned house or building.
- Apartment - some campaigns knock apartments, some simply mark them as apartments and remove them from future walklists because of the transient nature of the residents.
- Retirement Home - usually inaccessible to canvassers, similar to a gated address, where the door needs to be tagged as a Retirement home to be removed from future walk lists.
- Moved - When a canvasser speaks to a voter and finds one or more residents have moved from the address, select the voters who have moved.
- Total - the total number of voters marked by a canvasser
- Not Home (Left Literature) - by default if you select Left Literature, the voter will be marked as not home. If you or your canvassers are not leaving pieces of literature, select not home instead of Left Literature.
- Not Home (Deceased) - If a voter is discovered to have died, the survey options allow them to be marked as Deceased.
- Not Safe - if a house or neighborhood is not safe for canvassers, the canvasser can select the Not Safe option, but these houses are not shown by default.
If you do not have all columns displayed, the number of voters displayed in the "Total" Column will not equal the visible columns. This should not be a point of concern. Also, the number displayed under Goal Tracking Walklist is the number of doors knocked, not the number of individual voters interacted with, so the number of doors knocked tends to be the same or a smaller number than the grand total of the Survey Report.