To start, navigate to the Manage Walklist page by signing into your sidekick browser portal, clicking the Canvassing link from the top menu bar, and then selecting Manage Walklist from the sub-menu.
The filter settings at the top of the page allow you to search for walklists created during a specific date range and/or assigned to a user or team.
When one or more walklists are selected (via the checkboxes on the left hand side of the page) options appear at the bottom of the Manage Walklist Page. These allow you to select one or more teams and/or users to assign walklists to. You can also delete walklists and determine (via the "Send Email?" toggle) whether or not users will receive email notification of new walklists being assigned.
Assigning Walklists: To assign walklists, select one or more via the walklist checkbox on the left hand side of each walklists row. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Team or User field (depending on how you want to assign the list). At this point, a dropdown will appear, listing all the teams or users available. You can begin typing a name to narrow the list and use the up/down arrows to navigate through the list. Selecting a user with your mouse or hitting enter (when the user/team are selected) will add a user to the list of users selected. Once all have been added to the list, click the "Assign" button. All users and/or teams are now assigned and will show up under the "Assigned User" or Assigned Teams" column for those walklists.
Walklist Options: To view this menu, select the Manage dropdown on the right hand side of a walklist's row. Details on each option in this menu are listed below.
- Send to Phonebank: This option is currently in development.
- Edit Name: To change the displayed name of a walklist, select the Edit Name button in the Manage menu and you will be presented with a field to change the name and confirm your choice.
- View Details: Selecting this option will show you a list of all voters in the walklist and details regarding its creation. Included information is the name, who created it, when it was created, tags used to create the list and the address/voter counts involved.
- Delete: Deleting lists is a non-reversable function. Selecting delete will create a confirmation popup to remind you of this fact and then allow you to delete the list.
- Reroute: Houses of 50 or less houses are route-optimized by Sidekick. In the event that you wish to change the routing (such as from one-way to round-trip or altering the starting/ending points) you can select the "Reroute" option and execute the routing process again.
- Print: We always recommend people shy away from printed walklists due to the unlikelihood that campaigns will enter gathered data or be unable to read a volunteers handwriting. Also, the robust check and balancing capability of Sidekick to track gps and time-stamp data on interactions just isn't there on paper lists. However, in the event that you need a printed walklist, Sidekick will auto-generate a printed version and allow you to save to .pdf and print.
- Export: This export option generates a .csv download that includes the targeted voters in route order with turn-by-turn directions (if it's a sub-50 house routed list).
- Map It: Selecting this option will display a map of the walklist, enabling easier visualization of the location and dispersion of the list.
- Select Survey: While clients will have already set their default survey via the Settings page, we make it possible for you to attach specific surveys to individual walklists. Cases where this option has proven helpful include allowing Candidates to have a particular survey they use when canvassing (when they want to ask different questions than volunteers) or having a Yardsign Delivery Survey (so you can track where you've delivered yardsigns and who you need to get to.) Clicking this option will show a popup with a dropdown menu where you can select which survey to attack to your walklist.