When Canvassing there are two areas to focus on for your device:
First, make sure your operating system and the CampaignSidekick App are up to date.
A. Battery Life: any drain by any app other than CampaignSidekick, background app operations, screen brightness, keyboard sounds/vibrations, connections
1. Open Settings
2. Depending on your device, select Battery or Device Maintenance.
3. Turn on Battery Management if available.
4. Turn down Device Brightness.
5. Close out apps that are shown as using battery other than CampaignSidekick.
6. Turn off Bluetooth and Wireless on your device.
B. Data Speed/App Usage: Any App transferring data in the background will slow the upload and download speed for the entire device.
1. Turn off Background refreshing for any application.
2. Shut down any app other than CampaignSidekick.
3. Turn Airplane mode On, wait 15 seconds, then turn Airplane Mode off again. This will force a connection to the fastest cellular tower.
4. Regularly power your device completely down, let it stay completely turned off for at least 30 seconds.